The Community Counseling Center of Warrenville Youth & Family Services (WYFS) provides family, individual, and couples counseling for residents of Warrenville, West Chicago, and Winfield. As caseloads allow, we also see clients from surrounding communities.
Types of concerns that can be addressed in counseling include:
Emotional distress from anxiety, depression, anger, grief and loss, or trauma.
Family conflicts or parenting concerns.
Children's problems related to school, home, or community.
Youth development regarding family, peer, school, and identity.
Individual or family adjustment following divorce or remarriage.
Support in the midst of major life decisions or transitions.
Many other questions around emotional, spiritual or relational goals.
If you're interested in our services, you should know our work is:
- Collaborative – We will help you set counseling goals based on your hopes and concerns.
- Strength Based – We can assist you in identifying your strengths and available resources that can be helpful in reaching your desired goals.
- Systemic – We can work with the significant people and professionals in your life to make the work effective. Our sites have additional programs and services that could be helpful as well.
- Team Oriented – Staff therapists work together to share expertise, meaning that you will benefit from the cumulative knowledge and experience represented on our team.
- Faith-Based – All of our therapists work from a Christian perspective; at the same time we welcome and respect those clients whose faith traditions differ from our own.
- Sliding Fee Scale – We offer services on a sliding fee scale. We do not want economic circumstances to prevent you from getting the services you need.
- Crisis Intervention – WYO provides 24-hour-a-day intervention at eight area police departments for youth who have run away or are locked out; WYO can work with youth who are “out of control” or at risk of police involvement.
- Psychological Testing – At our Carol Stream site, clients of all ages (child, adolescent, and adult) can receive affordable professional psychological testing to assist in the assessment of intellectual, academic, and/or personality functioning; to clarify diagnosis; to assess readiness for ministry (clergy and missionary candidate evaluations); adoption evaluations, and for the identification of learning disabilities or attention difficulties.
- Psychiatric Services - Clients who are 18 and older can access the on-site psychiatric services available at our Carol Stream office. Psychiatric services are provided through a partnership with Access DuPage and the Access Community Health Network.
Contact Information: For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 630-682-1910.
The Counseling Center of Warrenville Youth & Family Services is one of the three community counseling centers of Outreach Community Ministries. For information on our Carol Stream and Wheaton counseling centers, see programs/services under the Outreach Community Center of Carol Stream and Wheaton Youth Outreach at www.outreachcommunityministries.com.